The Living Word The Living Word provides an introduction to the Sacred Scriptures and to the unfolding of salvation history, with a particular focus on Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of salvation history. Revelation, both Divine and natural, is explored, as are inspiration, interpretation, and exegesis.
In this second edition, the student books have shifted from a section-part-article structure to a unit-chapter-article structure where sections become units and a part is now a chapter.
In addition to the complete text of the print book, the Interactive Edition adds the following features:
• In-text links to official, online versions of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents so that students can study quotes from the text in their original context.
• In-text links to online biographies of all the saints mentioned in the student text.
• Photo galleries that explore topics in the text.
• PowerPoint presentations that review key concepts.
• Links to online videos that explore people or concepts in greater depth.