This Week: Deploying MBGP Multicast VPNs The networking industry has been looking for the best way to offer Multicast VPN services while leveraging the strength and scalability of the existing unicast L3VPN technology. The result of several years of effort is Multi-Protocol BGP Multicast VPN, often referred to as MBGP MVPN. This next generation technology has received a warm welcome in the market and is already deployed in many production networks, from Tier-1 service providers to financial and trading companies.
This Week: Deploying MBGP Multicast VPNs assumes the reader has at least some experi- ence with IP/MPLS architectures, including Multi-Protocol BGP and IGPs. You are not ex- pected to be an expert in multicast as the basic concepts are revisited in the book, but if you are already familiar with BGP/MPLS L3 VPNs, you will find this book easier to read.
Whatever you bring to this seminar in a book will only be amplified by its clear explanations, explicit examples, and attention to detail. The author walks you step-by-step through an advanced technology, thoroughly exploring a design that can be stood up in a week. Roll up your sleeves and let’s get down to work.
“This excellent book is an ideal way to bring you up to speed on MBGP Multicast VPN technology. The book is a very practical guide, clearly describing the theory while showing the reader exactly how to configure the network using Junos. It’s highly recommended!”
Julian Lucek, Distinguished Systems Engineer, Juniper Networks
LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT JUNOS THIS WEEK:
• Build a MBGP Multicast VPN working solution from scratch.
• Configure and operate dynamic Point-to-Multipoint MPLS Label Switched Paths, with and without Traffic Engineering features.
• Describe the integration of Customer PIM instances with VPNs. VPNs, both in Any-Source Multicast (ASM) and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) scenarios.
• Design an optimal distribution of Inclusive and Selective tunnels. Find the right balance between control and forwarding plane efficiency.
• Use Route Target policies to achieve partial mesh topologies of MVPN sites.
• Understand the clean decoupling of control and forwarding planes in MBGP MVPN.
Published by Juniper Networks Books.