Day One: Migrating EIGRP to OSPF Changing the Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) on a production network might seem like a daunting task but good pre-planning and a methodical implementation plan lets it go smoothly and without incident. This book provides you with the knowledge to make your migration a success. OSPF is the most ubiquitous IGP in use today by enterprise, government, and education networks because it provides the best blend of knowledgeable engineers, equipment interoperability, and networking scale. So migrating from EIGRP to OSPF isn’t a question of why. It’s a question of when.
This book provides a fundamental explanation of the steps required to migrate a net- work from EIGRP to OSPF. You will be able to recreate each of the required steps in a small network with minimal lab equipment.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
- Understand the fundamental differences between EIGRP and OSPF.
- Use discovery techniques to document routing information and map out the network.
- Evaluate routing policy and its function in the network.
- Verify the proper operation of the IGP.
- Migrate the network IGP from EIGRP to OSPF.
- Add Juniper Networks devices to the existing network.
Juniper Networks Day One books provide just the information you need to know on day one. That’s because they are written by subject matter experts who specialize in getting networks up and running. Visit www.juniper.net/dayone to peruse the complete library.
Published by Juniper Networks Books