This Week: Data Center Deployment with EVPN/VXLAN Deepen your understanding of all the implementation aspects of using EVPN/VXLAN for data center deployments.
This Week: Data Center Deployment with EVPN/VXLAN provides readers with a structured understanding of EVPN/VXLAN technology concepts and how they are implemented. The book includes detailed configuration examples, verification commands, and packet captures to demonstrate different traffic flows within a data center as well as for Data Center Interconnect (DCI). This Week: Data Center Deployment with EVPN/VXLAN contains five full-length case studies complete with illustrations, configurations, and field-tested insights from a senior data center architect.
When you’re done with this book, you’ll be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals and implementation aspects of using EVPN-VXLAN for data center deployments.
• Design next generation data center architectures.
• Show detailed configuration examples, verification commands, and packet walkthrough examples.
“Expert guides on the practical applications of EVPN are few and far apart. Deepti brings you up close and personal to this powerful technology applied to the most common data center use cases. Grab your thinking cap and get ready to learn.”
– Aldrin Isaac, Sr. Dir., Switching Solution Architecture, Juniper Networks, Co-Author of RFC7432
“Choosing the right set of options to achieve optimal network design in data center deployment requires deep understanding of EVPN/VXLAN technology as well as real world deployment experience. Deepti Chandra has worked with many experts at Juniper to come up with a concise set of guidelines and configuration examples that will help network architects build their data center fabrics quickly. The configuration examples in this book help define best-practice data center deployment.”
– Sachin Natu, Sr. Dir,, PM, Routing Applications, Juniper Networks
“This book is a valuable resource for those looking to explore or implement EVPN/VXLAN. The various deployment and configuration options are not only explained in great detail, but also backed up with validation in the lab.”
– Victor Ganjian, POC Lab Engineer, Juniper Networks, JNCIP-DC, Author of Day One: Using Ethernet VPNs for Data Center Interconnect
“Deepti Chandra shares her extensive knowledge and insights in this no-nonsense, practical guide for engineers and network architects alike.”
- Wen Lin, Distinguished Engineer, Juniper Networks
“A thorough, well-organized, and insightful reference that doesn’t miss a single detail. It’s the new Bible for data center deployment!”
- Disha Chopra, Senior Manager, Product Line Manager, Juniper Networks
About the Author
Deepti Chandra is currently a Product Manager for the Routing Applications Group at Juniper Networks in Sunnyvale, California. She has multiple years of hands-on experience in versatile roles with pre-sales, operations and engineering, working closely with Data Center and Service Provider customers. Deepti holds M.S. degree in Telecommunications from University of Maryland, College Park.